According to Merriam Webster, the ther·mo·stat is the device that automatically regulates temperature, or that activates a device when the temperature reaches a certain point. The thermostat of your HVAC system is the brain of the operation, when not taken care of or adequately installed the communication between the thermostat and your HVAC system can suffer.
When thermostat problems start developing, there is not an alarm that sounds; it malfunctions unnoticed. The signs that will alarm you is the temperature in your room is hotter than what the thermostat says.
The air conditioner unit is continually running. The thermostat display is unlit or unresponsive. When there are blockages due to poor HVAC maintenance, they tend to create leaks which allow the air to escape through various parts of the HVAC system. Over time, all of these problems result in more massive energy bills and less comfortable home because your thermostat is overworking and or broken.
What you may think is HVAC related could be a thermostat fix.
- Change the Batteries: This is the first thing you will want to check before moving on to the more complicated fixes.
- Dust: Another simple fix, usually for older electromechanical thermostats, is a simple dusting with a small paintbrush, or other soft brush.
- Location: The thermostat needs to be away from heat sources and direct sunlight.
- Check Balance: Using a level device, make sure your thermostat is perfectly level. If your thermostat isn’t completely straight, then your mercury switch will not work correctly/accurately.
At Jon Wayne Heating & Air, we have a solution to all the headache a non-functioning thermostat can give you. Our exclusive “Jon Wayne Club Membership.” Regular maintenance of your equipment can save you thousands of dollars over the long-haul in energy costs and repairs and is just as important as maintenance to your automobile. Your membership will pay for itself year after year. What’s in it for you?
- You Go to the Front of the Line!
- Your Discount Club Membership guarantees that we will give you Priority service, and No Overtime Charges 365 Days a Year.
- You get 10% Discounts on Repairs & Replacement Equipment.
- Plus you get an additional 1% discount per year* for renewals (up to a maximum of 15%)
Jon Wayne Heating & Air is proud of their staff of highly trained air conditioning service professionals located in Springfield, MO. To find answers to your questions and excellent service on your air conditioning system, visit Jon Wayne Heating & Air or call (417) 831-9500.