Have Heating and Cooling Problems?
Did you know that a dirty or improperly maintained HVAC system can increase your utility payments by 40%? Studies from independent universities and utility companies have uncovered this fact about cooling units like air conditioners, refrigeration equipment, and also your heating system.
Any type of machine that extracts water from the air and is in a dark environment has the potential for negative outcomes, including:
- Water found within drain pans can lead to the growth of mold, fungus, mildew, bacteria or a whole host of other micro-organisms.
- Drain pans that are contaminated can result in a foul-smelling odor.
- If a drain line becomes clogged up because of slime build-up, the drain pan can overflow and potentially damage property.
- Any retained water in a drain pan can cause it to corrode and fail prematurely.
Why is a drain pan treatment important?
A drain pan treatment is important for several reasons, from preventing bacteria build-up to avoiding expensive property damage. Furthermore, treatments should be done on a regular schedule by a trained professional like the heating and cooling contractors at Jon Wayne Heating and Air.
There are many different treatments on the market to help prevent the buildup of bacteria and odor-causing problems, from economical options like tabs that are soluble in water to pan strips that are time-released and can provide months of protection. Our pan treatments are the best option and provide a sustained time-released protection for a wide variety of household appliances. These dependable strips cost only pennies a day and can be safely used in air conditioner drain pans, dehumidifier water tanks, and many other non-potable water retention spots.
How does a drain pan treatment work?
The pan treatment is installed just between the drain opening and the coil, away from the drain opening. The strip then absorbs water through the polyester skid-resistant sock to keep the drain pan dry. The state-of-the-art technology uses time-release materials to provide the prevention against odor-causing bacteria.
Not only does the treatment help with the smell but it also provides effective protection against bacteria. The dynamic pan treatment stays dormant when the drain pan is dry, however, when it gets wet the strip will be activated and release a pleasant scent into the surrounding area. The strip will continue to activate and deactivate depending on how wet or dry the environment is.
Why hire a professional for a drain pan treatment?
- Great service and years of experience
- Knowledgeable about equipment and products on the market
- Proper installation of drain pan treatment
- All questions or concerns will be answered by a knowledgeable drain line professional
- Available and ready to help – just a phone call away
Avoid costly damage to your heating and cooling system or surrounding possessions by contacting Jon Wayne Heating and Air today to determine if a drain pan treatment is right for you. Call us at (417) 831-9500. With two locations to serve you, in Springfield and Mt Vernon, we are the sewer and drain line professionals trusted across southwest Missouri.